Let’s pretend I’m eating a really delicious meal (that I prepared by myself or not, whatever) and I want to share a picture from my mobile.
How can I decide on which social media I’ll post my pic?
- Evernote Food (if you want to remember it somewhere)
- Foursquare (if the dish is from a restaurant)
Socialgrapes(if it’s not a dish but a good bottle of wine)
Ok, I think you got the idea, and actually I could keep this list going. Of course Facebook and Twitter can generally be updated directly from the other apps (but this still isn’t the case for Google+) but there’s still a choice to make:
- is my picture a general update (then => Facebook, Twitter)
- do I want to share it a with a limited group (then = Google+, Path)
- is it primary a nice picture (then => Instagram)
- is the dish the most important (then => foodreporter or foodspotting)
I’m convinced there’s an opportunity for niche communities such as the ones around food, but it’s more and more difficult to have user mindshare…
As I explained in a previous post, I am more and more interested in new trends regarding food consumption and tools that aim at increasing the sharing experience when we eat, cook or buy food. I’m testing a lot of new (or less) new apps so please share if you have any that I should check or test.